Autumn on campus
|I guess I missed the peak color of this grove of trees. It must have been spectacular a week ago.|
|The student experience, which now includes KAP.|
|It's always good to have live music when kites are flying. What would be the soundtrack to your hobby? (Pro tip: find somebody who can actually play the instrument.)|
|Forest Hall (lower left) and the main campus quad beyond.|
|A bunch of residence halls, Adirondack House, and the science building at the west edge of campus.|
The little planet image below is the same stitch as the embedded spherical panorama below it. The original is a big image so it could be printed six feet across and you wouldn't see any pixels.
The interactive panorama below is a full resolution version of the 360° view from the kite rig. It has fake sky added so it is a full spherical panorama. Click the icon at lower right to view it full screen.
|Oh, those long gone college days. Captured by a camera hanging from a kite line (as it was landing).|
- Model: PowerShot S100
- ISO: 125
- Shutter speed: 1/640 second (Tv)
- Focus: manual on infinity
- Focal length: 24mm (eq.)
- White balance: Sunny
- GPS: on
- Remote enabled: one push, quick
- The S100 has a shutter priority mode so CHDK is not needed for that
- Version: 2.4 (3-switch DIP)
- Sketch: version 2.08sfm (beta)
- Mode: Mode 0 (for 24 mm lens, 25 photos/cycle)
- Power: 6 eneloop AAA
- Customization: The nadir tilt angle was changed from 20 to 11 so the camera was pointed straight down.
- Kite: FLED
- Wind: From NE, 7 to 10 mph
- Duration: 1 hour
- Photos taken: 1035
- Software: Microsoft ICE
- Stitching: all 25 photos from one cycle stitched together.
- Post processing: Some stitching errors in the panoramas were hidden in Photoshop. Some white buildings were darkened to fix overexposure.