$222.00 to $243.00
$199.00 to $218.00 - SALE!
Price includes US shipping.
This is a ready-to-fly package with an excellent KAP camera. The rig includes either a Picavet or pendulum suspension (choose suspension above) and is fully prepared and configured. A factory refurbished Canon PowerShot S110 12 megapixel camera is included.
The camera includes a 4 GB SD card with CHDK installed so it can begin taking photos every eight seconds with a single extra button push (the interval is easily adjusted). CHDK runs when the camera is powered on and is configured for interval shooting. Instructions are provided for modifying the settings. The rig has been customized for the Canon S110 so the camera is held securely and perfectly balanced under the suspension.
This package includes everything in the Classic Redstone Rig Kit and the Picavet or Pendulum Kit (either suspension clips in easily). All drilling, measuring, gluing, and lacing has been done so you can be flying in 15 minutes. Color of rig might differ from photos.
The Canon S110 camera included in this rig has a superb feature set for kite and balloon photography:
- 1/1.7" sensor (72% larger area than most small PowerShots for less noise and better light sensitivity)
- CMOS sensor (less noise at higher ISO, so fast shutter speeds do not require maximum aperture, so photos are sharper)
- Shutter priority mode reduces motion blur (lock shutter speed at 1/800 second and aperture is automatically adjusted for correct exposure)
- Manual focus (lock focus on infinity)
- Crisp, fast lens (f/2.0 at the wide end) with iris diaphragm
- Custom preset (save all the settings for aerial shots and return to them anytime)
- Native camera RAW
- Digic V processor (fast and smart)
- Proprietary battery (included, with charger, reduces weight)
- Aluminum body (most small PowerShots are plastic)
The S110 also includes WiFi so photos can be sent directly to a phone or computer, or posted online. Photo transfer cannot happen while the camera is capturing photos. The back LCD on the S110 is a touch screen.
This factory refurbished camera was purchased from Canon and is in pristine condition with a new battery. It has been thoroughly tested and configured for operation on the Redstone Rig.
Typical flying weight with battery: 400 grams.